♥ Home  Poems  ♥ Prayers  ♥ Promises  ♥ Facebook

I Am Such A Mess

I Know that I am such a mess,
to all of you I do confess.

I love the Lord with all my heart,
but serving him I've not the art.

My friend called me the other day,
asking me if I would pray.

His sister whom years ago had ran away,
was found near death and now in surgery.

So sad for him what could I say,
of course my friend you know I'll pray.

It was tough to hear him cry,
we talked a bit and said goodbye.

Not right now though I've cloths to dry,
Once those are on then I will try.

Then the office called, you must come in,
hope it won't be for long again.

Eleven at night finally about to sleep,
remembering a promise to keep.

Back out of bed and on the floor,
unto the Lord I did implore.

Father, You know that I am such a mess,
and to You alone, I must confess.

I love you Lord with all my heart,
but serving You I've not the art.

I should have prayed for this hours ago,
If it's to late now just tell me so.

My friend is sad I'm sure you know,
for his Sister he loves her so.

Forgive me Lord if it's too late,
I worry now about her fate.

Tired and useless I fall to sleep,
awakened early to the phone beep.

It was my friend with terrible word,
her death to me he had inferred.

Friend I said, I am such a mess,
I am sorry to confess.

I love the Lord with all my heart,
but serving him I've not the art.

I meant to pray after you called,
my life I know I should have stalled.

I didn't pray till late last night,
I'm sorry now it wasn't right.

No no He said it's miraculous,
at eleven ten she did confess.

Before she died her heart did seek,
and asked the Lord her soul to keep.

I could not believe those words he'd said,
Remembering what time I'd gone to bed.

Lord you know I am a mess,
yet knowing me you're quick to bless.

Thank you Lord for what you do,
less of me and more of you.

By: Preston Pittman

No comments:

Post a Comment